I have this in my stylesheet:

body {
background-image: url('http://www.cedar-chiropractic.com/images/golden
woods1.jpeg');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;
background-attachment: fixed;
}

and it puts the picture in the right place, but I'd like to increase
the size to be full page size behind the tiddlers, but not the left
menu.

I've tried
         background-size: 500em;

plus units of px and %, but nothing's working.

I looked at Eric's stylesheet at tiddlytools, but I don't fully
understand it - besides I suspect its just referring to a really big
picture.  I also have Eric's ImageSizePlugin, but I'm not sure how it
would apply to this use case.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

thanks,
Dave