Hi Michael,

This is something I have been wondering since my first encounter with
the tiddler macro as my instincts would have suggested your behaviour
to be the default... yet it wasn't.

Therefore, I have tried to replicate and adapt the tiddler macro and
created a new plugin called FullSectionPlugin...

http://fullsection.tiddlyspot.com

In its description I suggest an enhancement to the tiddler macro by
extending its syntax to allow for the following:
<<tiddler SomeTiddler##!SomeSection>>

Notice the explamation mark which would be used as an indiator that
subsections are to be fetched as well. Let's see if some code
equivalent to that of FullSectionPlugin will make it into the core...
adding this new capability to the tiddler macro.

Cheers, Tobias.