This is in two parts ...

All the examples I see at twhelp.tiddlyspot.com of inserting images make
use of external URLS.

I'm trying to use a local file.
My problem is in two parts.

The tiddly file and the images are on a USB stick.
The image in in a subdirectory relative to the tiddly file.
This is for 'portability'.   I'm concerned.
Do I begin

   file:///./path to file.png

The second is that there are spaces in the path

"Path To Directory/Name Of The File.png"

How is that to be expressed?  This has to be portable between Linux and
Windows.  I'm concerned that escaped spaces don't seem to work, and
quoting the whole filename doesn't seem to work either.

--
The saddest life is that of a political aspirant under democracy. His
failure is ignominious and his success is disgraceful.