> the folder view ... set to visualise the file...
> gives me the "can´t save file" error.
> turn off the folder visualization... it works perfectly !!!
> I have tried turning this off and on and the ability of saving/not
> saving is consistant!!!
>
> SO, I have a solution to the problem....but I have no idea why the
> display settings in the folder interferes with the javascript
> operation in the TW.  Anyone have any ideas????

I think I know *why* it is happening, but I don't have any solutions :-
(

Here's the idea: Vista is *previewing* the file content.  That means
it opens the HTML file for *read* access.  Even though it can't
display an actual preview for the TW HTML file (because the folder-
based preview won't run Javascript), I suspect that as long as the
content is being previewed by Vista, the file is probably being *left
opened* for reading.  As a result, when TW attempts to gain write
access to the main file, it fails (because it is 'in use' by Vista),
even while write access to create a *new* backup file is successful.

-e