> I did look at TiddlerTweakerPlugin but you can only replace all tags
> with your new list of tags.  I only want to add a tag to whatever is
> currently there (i.e. many have multiple different tags I don't want
> to get rid of)

You *can* do this with TiddlerTweakerPlugin...

In the "tags" input field, if you precede each tag with either "+" or
"-", the tags are added (or removed) from the selected tiddlers, while
leaving the other tags on those tiddlers alone.

Thus, if you enter:
   +foobar
"foobar" will be added to the tags for all selected tiddlers.

If you enter:
   -foobar
"foobar" will be removed from the tags for all selected tiddlers.

You can, of course, enter a combination of tags, such as:
   +foobar -mumble +gronk +snork -snerfle

In summary:
   +tagvalue - adds one tag to a tiddler
   -tagvalue - removes one tag from a tiddler
   tagvalue  - replaces ALL tags with the indicated tag

Note: when adding/removing tags, it's VERY important to make sure
every tag you enter has a + or - prefix.  Tags *without* prefixes will
completely *replace* the existing tags.

-e