The "too much recursion" error implies that some JavaScript has got
caught up in an infinite loop. This sort of thing can happen when one
sets up inadvertant loops, like a tab containing a tab that contains
the original tab. The fact that you're experiencing different
behaviour on different browsers is interesting though. Could you
anonymise and share the TiddlyWiki file? You can email me directly at
jeremy (at) osmosoft (dot) com if you'd prefer.

Cheers

Jeremy

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM, AndrewMc <newsp...@post.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Below the Timeline listing of tiddlers (in the right-side tab) there is an
> error message that says "Error in macro <<tabs>>".
> If I click on this error message, I get some more detail "Error while
> executing macro <<tabs>>: InternalError: too much recursion"
>
> My wiki is based on MPTW and is being viewed using Firefox 3.x (under both
> WindowsXP and Ubuntu Linux 10.10). I recently upgraded from TW 2.6.0 to
> 2.6.2 by using the upgrade button in the backstage menu. I only noticed the
> error a short time after upgrading, and so suspect that there is something
> about the upgrade that may have caused this error. A brief test shows that
> the error does not seem to happen in IE7 (under WinXP), however, that
> browser does not support the SVG and MathML that I use extensively and so is
> not a solution for me.
>
> Nearly everything in the TW seems to be working normally except that this
> error message is present, and that when I try to use ToggleRightSideBar
> http://www.tiddlytools.com/#ToggleRightSidebar I get an error message pop up
> "InternalError: too much recursion".
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for ways that I can investigate just what
> is causing this error?
>
> Cheers
> Andrew Mc
>
> --