Hi octw,

My idea goes more in the direction of providing a means to give
certain types of tiddlers certain additional fields, e.g.:

A tiddler may be tagged "contact". Thus it might do well with the
following xfields:
-> name
-> address
-> email
-> phone
-> website
-> birthday

These are regular extended fields, yet with a definition in some
config tiddler with respect to the xfields plugin.

The general tiddler body would thus be saved for notes or actual
content and there would be no need for any tiddler templates or
possibly misspelling of any slices or sections one later on wants to
use in a fET, for example.

I would not want the edit controls for these fields to be randomly
sorted but rather layed out in a predefined order. I would also not
want to see any other fields that some plugin (or the TiddlySpace
core) might have saved with the tiddler, unless specified.

Besides, EditTemplateFieldPlugin already does provide a means to see
all tiddler fields, the way you suggest. On the other hand, I am
considering implementing something that allows you to see and edit all
other extended fields, those that are not xfields associated with a
tiddler, via...

slider "misc fields"  >
field1:textarea1
field1:textarea1