Ok, I just tested the plugin in a clean tiddlywiki. Works as expected,
except that when you call the regular showPopup, the popup covers up
the calling element. No biggie, but the following line needs to be
changed in the code:

from:
var offset={x:0,y:this.getAttribute('above')=='true'?-
jQuery(d).outerHeight():0};
to:
var offset={x:0,y:this.getAttribute('above')=='true'?-
jQuery(d).outerHeight():jQuery(this).outerHeight()};