I didn't see a lot of response to my suggestion to adopt
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/TiddlyWiki as a community project, so
I'll give it a clean thread. I certainly understand Jeremy's reaction
that TiddlyWiki is a more obvious form for educating about TiddlyWiki,
and for reference material and detailed guidance, I agree. On the
other hand, it could confuse the casual surfer who may be familiar
with Wikipedia to find that while you can click view, you can't
actually change anything on a web-hosted TW.

Furthermore, the growing segment of "post-PC" readers with their
tablet devices, is probably more reachable with something more akin to
a book. Imagine, say
* She in a deckchair with her Amazon Kindle
* He in his armchair with his iPad (it's need for gravitational
support is the main reason I don't have one).

While they aren't likely to start writing blogs the next day, I feel
that it's a worthwhile efford to try to convey the message that there
are better alternatives for most one-way communication than Facebook
on the one end and Microsoft Word on the other. A book on TW and it's
derivatives, be it http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/TiddlyWiki or other,
should in my opinion have a broader focus than that which was probably
intended by whoever started it. But that's also what in my opinion
could make it fun to write. Particularly for those of us who buy into
the original wiki concept of collaborative writing. After all, the
book form allows more freedom to digress than web publishing in
general.

Anyway, to sort of get the ball rolling again, I've started by trying
to give the introduction some more words for a broader reach and
hopefully, a mental image that makes sense. Join me if you like, use
the discussion page, or shoot it down if that's how you feel. I don't
have a lot of time to put into it, but to me it's the sort of thing I
might do late in the evening.

Happy tiddling,
Poul Staugaard

http://giewiki.appspot.com || http://code.google.com/p/giewiki