Alex,

I am interested in using Dropbox to host my private TWs and being able
to split out the common tiddlers/plugins for reuse across all TWs
would be very good.

I'm game to help test sharing public tiddlers for the sake of helping
the community. An idea I find intriguing is the possibility of the TW
community using Dropbox as a public repository for common tiddlers. If
our TWs all pull their plugins from the same pool then the
possibilities get real interesting.

My programming skills are likely too weak to significantly impact the
development of this TiddlyDropBoxWiki idea but I have a lot of
experience with UI design, User Experience, Quality Control, and Beta
Testing. At that stage I would be willing to dive in and lend a hand.

As I sit here thinking about the possibilities I realize there are
many technical issues that will need to be solved to insure a positive
experience for end users. To get the ball rolling, so to speak, the
first tricky bit of magic I would like to see is a TW bootstrap
loader, i.e. the TWCore loads quickly and gives the end user a UI
while the lion's share of code and content loads asynchronously (or
possibly JIT). I'm envisioning something beyond just a "loading,
please wait..." splash screen.

The second feature that comes to mind would be the ability to search
across all public content whether loaded or not. I would accept a
performance trade-off in exchange for knowing the search is deep.

I'll stop daydreaming now. I think you are on to something, Alex, and
I hope we can get some buy in from TW Rock Stars (you know who you
are!) to move this idea forward.

Craig