Hi rakugo

Thanks for your interest, but that does not seem to be the problem.

MasterIncludesPlugin is loading the plugins from a file (on my HD)
called master.html.......opening that file shows the accented letters
all correct......but when the plugins get loaded buy
MasterIncludesPlugin...they are totally scrambled.

To test your idea I also opened master.html with Notepad+++ as you
suggested...the text is fine...encoded it to utf8...still
fine.....saved back to master.html...text still fine.....loaded it
into another fine using MasterIncludesPlugin......SCRAMBLED
eggs....ooops letters!!!!

It seems the masterIncludesPlugin is doing the scrambling!!!

But thanks anyway
Skye