In DefaultTiddlers you can only list the tiddlers. If you want to use
a sorting/listing syntax, put it in a custom tiddler and then just
list that tiddler in the DefaultTiddlers.
For example:
Put  [tag[default]][sort[-modified]] in MyDefaultTiddlers tiddler and
then put [[MyDefaultTiddlers]] in DefaultTiddlers tiddler.