Thanks for replies.
Confused about a few points.  Messages are targeted but please all
feel free to answer...

@ whatever
Are you indicating that ccTiddly is a true fork from Tiddlywiki - as
in, updates to TW are not applicable to ccTiddly?  Is this true for
TiddlyHome, TiddlyWeb and/or TiddlySpace?

@ Mans:
Is it your opinion that a speed-boost would still be had using non-
database TW systems?  My slowdown is primarily due to heavy plugin
use, eg. forEachTiddlerPlugin.

What I'm really going for is a system which is plug and play on
windows and linux computers (not looking for a portable OS).  Probably
TW is not the best system for my requirements, but I just can't give
up the UI, there's nothing else like it.

To achieve both Linux and Windows cross-platform-ness, could I maybe
install both the Linux and windows versions of Xampp on the same flash
drive?

Trey