On Jun 12, 10:33 am, Valikhanov <picke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ugh.  So this means that there is no workaround?  I.e. if I have been
> titling my tiddlers without CamelCase for the past three years then I
> am basically out of luck?

The TWCore permaview syntax *does* permit use of tiddler titles with
spaces.  As with other TW uses, simply enclose the title in doubled
square-brackets:

http://..../path/filename.html#[[Title with spaces]]

HOWEVER:

Although you can enter the above URL into most browser's and it will
be properly handled by that browser, it isn't actually a valid URL,
because some of the special characters must be "URL-encoded" first,
like this:

http://..../path/filename.html#%5B%5BTitle%20with%20spaces%5D%5D

where %5B="[", %5D="]", and %20=" " (space)

Unfortunately, this encoding is not automatically applied by some
browsers.  In FireFox, for example, when you permalink a tiddler, the
location field shows an *unencoded* URL as above:
   http://..../path/filename.html#[[Title with spaces]]

But... if you then copy/paste that URL, the result is *partially* URL-
encoded (the square brackets are left unchanged!):
   http://..../path/filename.html#[[Title%20with%20spaces]]

Fortunately, for most purposes, this is fine.  You can paste the URL
into some browsers and it will open the document with the specified
tiddler displayed.  However, if you paste that URL into email or
another application that *parses* text to identify and automatically
link URLs, then the above URL is *broken*, because the parser logic in
some apps doesn't recognize the un-encoded brackets, and ignores that
part of the URL.  As a result, only the part up to the "#" is seen by
the browser, and thus the document is opened with the DefaultTiddlers
shown rather than the specified tiddler title.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios
Was this answer useful? If so, please help support TiddlyTools:

   TiddlyTools direct contributions: (paypal)
      http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donate
   UnaMesa tax-deductible contributions:
      http://about.unamesa.org/Participate (paypal)
   TiddlyWiki consulting: