Hi

>... and, with the use of TiddlyTools' TaggedTemplateTweak, this
> method is already widely-used to display alternative renderings of
> tiddler content.  Of course, rendering tiddlers from wiki content
> 'templates' allows for simplified formatting, which is all that is
> needed for *some* use cases.

I do that all the time via the <<tiddler>> macro embedded in custom
HTML formatted Edit- and ViewTemplates - like this: <div
macro='tiddler TiddlerTitle'></div>. TiddlerTitle is often a tiddler
with a wikitable and some wikiformatted macros like <<wikify %0
somefieldname@>> which work fine. (I know I can use the wikifymacro
directly in a ViewTemplate, but I like to be able to make simple
wikitables )

If I however want to embed the <<edit>> macro in a wikiformatted
template I have to use HTML syntax like this:

if I want it to work in all situations...

> What I would like is for TWO new parameters, "template:TiddlerName",
> would apply the TWCore standard template processing to render output
> from HTML, while "format:TiddlerName", could apply wikify() processing
> to render output from wiki syntax.

> This would provide a more complete solution, enabling use of the
> TWCore's HTML template syntax as an alternative when wiki-syntax
> formatting falls short, or when you just want to re-use existing
> custom templates that already format the tiddler output as desired.

Would this make TaggedTemplateTweak redundant?

Cheers Måns Mårtensson