> I didnt ´need to follow that up, at that time...but now I have another
> application and I want to understand more how to use this. My
> knowledge of javascript and setting up functions is very limited.
>
> What I am wanting to do is use Dropbox to create a simple alternative
> to ripplerap. The idea is that each person in the group (a course)
> would have an individual TW into which they entered notes...sort of
> mini-blog style. Periodically a central TW (which as Rakugo said would
> be open during the lecture/workshop) picks new tiddlers from the
> individual TWs using Erics loadTiddlersPlugin. Each individual
> notetaker can hit a "refresh" button that picks up the new entries
> (also using loadTiddlers)....directly om the central TW....all this in
> a shared dropbox folder.

Have you thought about using TiddlySpace[1]?  You could then use the
inclusion mechanism so that the students could all have a copy of the
central notes tiddlywiki.

Also Rakugo has written a plugin[2] that regularly looks for updates
to the space (tiddlywiki) you or numerous people are working on and
pulls in the newer tiddlers if there have been updates.

If TiddlySpace isn't an option for you then what Rakugo is suggesting
is to do the following.
Write a Javascript function that pulls in the tiddlers you need it to,
e.g.
var myFunction = function() {
    //.... your code goes here ..../
};

Make this function call itself every X milliseconds, and also run it
the first time , e.g.
var myFunction = function() {
    //.... your code goes here ..../
    setTimeout(myFunction, X); // replace X with time, such as 10000
};

// starts the loop
myFunction();

Hope that helps