@Axel: My intentions were good, but my advice could've been a lot better.
:(  I should have directed you to edit the shadow tiddler defined in that
bottom section of the plugin in the first place rather than sending you into
the plugin itself.  And if I'd looked more closely, I would have realized
there was indeed a style name for that text area that would make it
*much*cleaner and easier to edit the StyleSheet than to muck around inside the
plugin and its shadows.

@Eric: Apologies for trouncing through your code like a bull in a China
shop.  One reason I'm reluctant to share my own TWs is because of taking
time to read your (fantastic) TOS documentation, which rightly points out
the pratfalls of thougtlessly sharing modified versions of plugins.  My own
local TWs have plenty of modded and hyper-annotated versions of plugins, but
even with the notes and revision histories therein, I don't want them
reaching a wide audience lest they dirty the gene pool of some really good
add-ons.

@HansBKK: Those are some great font-family schemata — nabbed and saved for
future reference!  (Trebuchet was, as you guessed, a random example; it was
the font of a TiddlyWiki I was working in at the time.  Personally, I can't
imagine edit view without a monospace font.)