Hey all,
I'm writing my first plugin.  It will enable gmail style, non-
simultanious hotkeys - as in, press g then i to go to your inbox.  I
have basic functionality already working.  However, I need to stop the
hotkeys from firing when an input box is selected.

To find inputs with focus, I'm trying to use something like:

$('input').focus(function() {
    inputHasFocus = true; // Set true if a Form-Field is selected
}).blur(function() {
    inputHasFocus = false; // Set false if a Form-Field has left
});

But that doesn't work at all.  The official docs on :focus include
this simple example:

   $("input").focus(function () {
         ...do something
    });

(http://api.jquery.com/focus/)
But I can't even get that to work.  jQuery does not seem to be able to
find the input boxes.  What am I doing wrong?