I too found this error frustrating and a little confusing.  The things
I read online all seem directed toward working with a tiddlywiki on a
server or across servers, which didn't help me figure out what to do
on a local computer....

I don't know if it addresses this issue really, or if it only works on
my setup or something... but I found Eric's import plugin (http://
www.TiddlyTools.com/#ImportTiddlersPlugin) worked for me.

Using Firefox 7.0.1 on Windows 7, I imported into a brand new 2.6.5
tiddlywiki from an old 2.6.4, 2.6.1, and 2.6.0 tiddlywiki.  Each time
the new file was in the same directory as the old file.  I have
previously used the FireFoxPrivileges plugin (http://
firefoxprivileges.tiddlyspot.com/) to OK these older tiddlywikis...
but I don't know if that matters or not.

I had a problem in the 2.6.5 file getting the tiddler list to load
when I tried importing from another tiddlywiki //that was the same
version//.  However, this worked fine for //upgrading// my various
older tiddlywikis for tasks, classes, student records...

I couldn't get 2.6.5 to save in IE, so did not try upgrading in IE.
However, I later realized I didn't unblock the file for IE before
trying this, so that likely was why.

This may not help you... but if someone else comes looking for what to
do about the CORS error, this might help...
Rich