Thanks so much for answering Mario!

I made the demo as clean as possible to avoid involving my convoluted
mGSD because because it has deteriorated over the years [1]. So I
can't really say "what I've done over the years".

I think the MachineGun is, or at least should be, independent of the
mGSD-system though. I've used a fresh mGSD (from tiddlyspot) and
except for the MachineGun-necessary plugins I've only imported the
example Projects from Mr. Bairds mGSD demo at http://mgsd.tiddlyspot.com/#Demo

By the way, the password is 'password' if anyone wants to change
things.

> config.act is undefined. So may be some initialisation is missing.
> The code is very near the top of the labeled script.

I did find this a bit further down (under headline /**ACTION**/ )
     config.act=acts[j][0].title;

...is this a definition/initialization?

Thank you!

[1] Clarification: mGSD is a specific application, as opposed to TW
which is generic. The advantage with TW is of course that it is easy
to modify, but personalizing tiddlers that are (mGSD) system specific
makes updates problematic. Years of use means pdates update ALL
tiddlers, ie it is not possible to tell which specific ones have been
updated. This has made me give up on mGSD many times. But because I'm
so fond of TW I find myself hoping to find a solution. Because the
MachineGun, which should be mGSD-system-independent, is so important
to me I'm willing to start over with a clean mGSD if I can just get
this to work.
years of use/modications, in combination with gradual updates, have
made it deteriorate