> I prefer to edit without a wysiwyg editor, but I do wish that the
> default editor in TW would remember the indentation of the previous
> line.
> when I hit enter, I wish that there would already be 3 tabs waiting
> for me on the next line. same with #s and same with *'s
> in my code editor (notepad++) I just use tabs, and it would remember
> the indentation between lines.
> has anyone else been looking for this? does it exist already?

Although the behavior you describe is not currently implemented, I can
easily add it to
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TextAreaPlugin
which already adds custom keypress handlers for the editor's text area
(to support 'search inside text area' using CTRL-F/G)

I can create and add a new keystroke handler (and corresponding
option, "chkTextAreaAutoIndent"), so that when the "enter" key is
pressed, the plugin can scan the current line for leading spaces,
tabs, or bullets.  If present, those leading characters will be
automatically copied and inserted following the newline, producing the
'auto indentation' effect you describe.

I'll post a followup when I've uploaded an update.  I have a few
things 'on my plate' at the moment, so if you don't hear anything in a
week, "bump" this thread.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

----
TiddlyTools needs YOUR financial support...
Help ME to continue to help YOU...
make a generous donation today:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact