Yes I really like to use this. In the past I had a to copy the value from a
spreadsheet.
But if I don't do it it is outdated. This could make sure that the value is
up to date.
It works now, but its like you said, I have to be very careful when
entering a value into the field to make sure it does not contain a comma as
a thousand separator.

That's kind of dangerous, but it works. It's just if someone else enters a
value, you never know.
It would be nice if it at least would show an error so you could track it
down, instead of getting a bad result.

This would be nice:
Quote:
The problem here is, that the for loop (with isNaN) is "too gentle".
IMO it needs to throw an error, or displays a message. eg: "numbers
have to be written like '1.1' .... check tiddler 'xyz' "

In any case, I want to thank all you guys for your help.
I could have never figured this out by myself, and would have just given up.

thanks,

axelm