On Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:42:51 AM UTC+7, perlguy wrote:

> Agreed... my initial excitement over seeing the words "chromeless web
> browser" were dashed when I got to the part where they say it's not
> been open sourced yet... and on further reflection, it probably
> wouldn't work as replacement for prism/webrunner anyway, being tied to
> YUI, etc.

My ultimate hope would be that TiddlyWiki itself could be implemented in
such a way as to not require *any* browser, be freed of that dependence.
Ideally being able to choose to run within a given browser as well, just
not requiring it.

Does anyone know of a tiddlywiki friendly replacement for prism by
> chance?  One that stays current with the underlying rendering and
> javascript engines? (I still use standalone prism for my TWs on XP...

Inherent contradiction there. TW's current (soon to be called "legacy" I
guess) implementation's storage model doesn't fit with modern browsers'
tighter security.

The FOSS project upstream of Chrome has a Prism analog in the works, but I
imagine it will only work well with the future TW "NG".

sadly, it no longer works under linux - some library dependency broke in
> F15 or F16

I have some legacy apps with very important data I haven't got around to
converting that I run in a VM when needed - a pain to get set up, but now
it's just like launching "just another app" - not much bigger or slower
than launching something like Photoshop (or a fully loaded FF 8-) either.