On Friday, March 2, 2012 4:18:33 PM UTC, skye riquelme wrote:

> Guess like most people, I often have brilliant ideas....well ideas at
> least....in the middle of doing something else...and have that
> conflict between needing to concentrate on what I am doing.....or stop
> and record the idea.....

I recognize that this is not really a direct answer to your question but I
thought I should mention that the use case you describe here is pretty much
exactly the same as one of the use cases that TiddlySpace hopes to
solve[1]: capturing, refining and synthesizing ideas, on the fly, as you
have them. We captured that in the second
manifesto: http://manifesto2.tiddlyspace.com/ [2]

In particular, the takenote editor is designed so that it can create
tiddlers that eventually show up in your tiddlyspace, even when not
connected to the network, from multiple devices, particularly smartphones.
If you're always on the same device, always with access to your TiddlyWiki,
then this doesn't matter and I reckon TiddlySnip, as @whatever suggests,
may be right for you, or straightforward to adapt.

I, however, use multiple devices and need my tiddlers on the network and
accessible in multiple contexts, so TiddlySpace works out quite nicely.

Ben Gillies work on bookmarks and reply functionality in TiddlySpace
provide another vector for getting content into TiddlySpace which may
provide some ideas you can borrow for your task (with or without
TiddlySpace).

[1] There are others, including being a framework upon which tiddler-base
applications can be built. I wrote some thoughts related to these things
recently: http://cdent.tiddlyspace.com/TiddlySpace%20For%20Me

[2] It is probably about time for a third manifesto?