On May 14, 8:51 pm, Tobias Beer <beertob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mans (and Jon),
>
> those extra filters add a lot of extra spice to the core filter handling.
> Mans, you being among the most avid testers producing - ever new plugin
> mashups - would you know if they behave well / work nicely with
> MatchTagsPlugin?

I didn't test them with MatchTagsPlugin

====

The plugins are labeled "experimental". IMO they work great, as a
proof of concept to talk about and play with. It is a base to develop
an extended filter syntax. ....

I'm not very happy with the "additional syntax". IMO it is not
consistent.
eg:

>The and filter filters any tiddlers it has at the time of filtering.
>[tag[foo]][and[tag:bar]]
>for instance finds all tiddlers tagged "foo" and "bar".

Two different type of "tag" keyword usage.
first: [tag[foo]]
second [and[tag:bar]]

Introduces a new "and" keyword.

I know, that implementing this syntax as it is, is "relatively easy"
because it fits the existing core filter structure. But it will be
confusing for users.

>To get tiddlers tagged foo _or_ bar use
>[tag[foo]][tag[bar]]
There is _no_ keyword for "or" but there was one for "and" above ...

>To get all tiddlers tagged foo and bar and not tagged xyz you would use.
>
>[tag[foo]][and[tag:bar]][and[!tag:xyz]]
[and[!tag:xyz]]

While the exclamation mark makes sense for most programmers, it won't
for most users. I'm in favor of the MatchTagsPlugin mechanism like
[tag[this AND NOT that]]

There are some more ... [is[]] [isnot[]] and !=not from above ....

====
There has been a discussion, where Jon and Eric did argument about the
pro and cons of both systems.
But I can't remember if it's at Dev or TiddleWeb group. I'm even not
sure if it was about the filters space. ...
If I find the link, I'll post it :)

-m