Hi Andrew,

Can you please expand on your idea behind this?
Firstly, I don't see why "bringing a tiddler up in the story" plays a
crucial role.

I guess, your concern is not so much to just display a "collection tiddler".
For that you could simply use the tiddler macro to display the contents of
those other tiddlers, e.g.

[[Collection X]]
!Group 1
!![[Tiddler 1]]
<<tiddler "Tiddler 1">>
!![[Tiddler 2]]
<<tiddler "Tiddler 2">>
!Group 2
!![[Tiddler 3]]
<<tiddler "Tiddler 3">>
!![[Tiddler 4]]
<<tiddler "Tiddler 4">>

I suppose what you really ask for is the ability to edit a transcluded
tiddler from within "the collection", am I right?

Using tagglyTagging you would not need these collection tiddlers but only
define the corresponding tagging hierarchy and then display all of this
using the sitemap layout along with tiddler contents..

Tobias.