Hi David

> I would really like the "main tiddlywiki file saved" to appear briefly
> then disappear. Since I use a thinner header, and also toggle my
> rightsidebar, the message gets in the way of the tiddler 'close'
> 'delete' and 'edit' links. So I spend needless time closing it over
> and over again in order to access those.
>
> Any ideas?

You'll need a script for this..

Create a tiddler called MessageFadeOut - tag it with systemConfig.
Write:
//{{{
config.options.txtFadeTimer = 5000; // 5 seconds

window.displayMessage=function(text,linkText,fadeTimer) {
        var e = getMessageDiv();
        if(!e) {
                alert(text);
                return;
        }
        if(linkText) {
                var link = createTiddlyElement(e,"a",null,null,text);
                link.href = linkText;
                link.target = "_blank";
        } else {
                e.appendChild(document.createTextNode(text));
        }
        if(config.options.txtFadeTimer > 0) {
                setTimeout(clearMessage,
config.options.txtFadeTimer);