After much searching around I've concluded that my best bet right now is to
use FF for TiddlyWiki's on Mac OSx 10.8. JRE 1.6 has bad problems on OSx
10.8, and JRE 1.7 for Mac OSx is still in Beta. I believe that both Chrome
and Safari are struggling with TiddlySaver because of JRE 1.6 issues. For
FF, TiddlyWiki uses the FF file access calls - avoiding TiddlySaver - and
avoiding the JRE problems - I think.

Anyway - "Save Changes" in FF on OSx 10.8 works great. It's just not my
favorite browser. Meanwhile I'll be watching out for updates to JRE for Mac
OSx 10.8.