Hello.
I would like to have a solution for the same Problem. Looking at the example I believe this is not exactly what was meant in the question: It would be nice if it was possible to define a fixed space on the screen where the PopUp opens. Perhaps Erics ShowPopUpPlugin http://www.tiddlytools.com/#ShowPopupPlugin is the solution Here it is possible to define a css class for PopUps. I already tried but due to the lack programming skills I failed.
Would it be possible to define a popup with position, something like:

<<showPopup tiddler:[[TiddlerName]] label:"Pop" tip:"..." buttonClass:"..." width:"..."
popupClass: "specialPop" above>>

And in the Stylesheet

#specialPop {position:fixed; top:45px; left:10px;}

Does anyone get this to work?
Thanks Jan

 this is not what was meant in the Question.