I still use PRISM for all of my TWs. It is a discontinued project from
mozilla.

(in my case, my webbrowser runs sandboxed (under sandboxie) and therefore
saving is disabled by definition. Using prism avoids the forced sandbox)

I am not sure how prism works exactly or what FF version it uses, but I can
keep updating my firefox webbrowser and the TWs keep functioning perfectly.
(I use TW versions 2.6.2 and 2.6.5 - have not tested on 2.7)

Prism has the added advantages that (1) it starts faster, (2) you create a
direct link to a file (like a file/program, not like a web-bookmark) and
(3) that you don't have the normal browser interface, which means extra
pixel real-estate for your TW.

The solution proposed by Scott Simmons will work as too.
for some light on this go to
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default
Beware that you will have to have both FF versions installed; I don't know
whether these might give conflicts...