Hi magev958,

this happens because the code inside the example uses
"story.refreshTiddler" which tries to refresh a tiddler in which the
buttons and the list are contained. As there's no tiddler, no refreshing
happens.

What you need is to refresh the sidebar. In the code of each button, try to
substitute

story.refreshTiddler(context.viewerTiddler.title,null,true);

lines with.. em.. probably

refreshElements(document.getElementById("sidebar"));

Not 100% sure if it will work as I don't quite understand how the version
with "refreshTiddler" works: forEachTiddler doesn't have any refresher in
the Udo's version. You can also try my v1.2.0 from [1]. I haven't yet
released it for the community as I haven't finished the documentation.
Also, be aware that despite the fact that it seems to work for me even in
TW 2.6.0 (which I don't understand why), its "official" CoreVersion
requirement is 2.6.2 (or higher). Aside the introduced refresher, it also
supports <<fet>> alias and a "filter" parameter to be used before the
"where" one.

Best regards,
Yakov.

[1]