You need to access the TiddlyWiki file from your locally synced Dropbox folder,
via a file:// URI, in order for the saving to work.

As an alternative you can use TiddlyWiki in the Sky for Dropbox, at:

http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/

Once you authorise the app with Dropbox it lets you choose a TW file from your
Dropbox, and then opens it for editing.

TiddlyWiki in the Sky is still quite new, and may not work with some plugins.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston