[Argh - my post disappeared]

Briefly:
I use FFlatest without problems. I don't know why it works but here are
some factors that might be the reason:

1) Use TiddlyFox
2) Create a tiddler with the following (but exchange YOURNAME for the name
of your tiddlyspot site). Notice that the weird dots and spaces towards the
end must stay intact:

<<option txtUserName>><<option pasUploadPassword>>|
|<<upload http://YOURNAME.tiddlyspot.com/store.cgi index.html . .
YOURNAME>>

<:-)