Hi Måns and thanks again !!!
I had to take a long route to get started again on my new hosting with my
already-created content not getting lost.

Simply installing TWHome on the new hosting was a bust because no matter
what I tried I could not get it to create a site by it's own command (per
my other post here).

So I was stuck at the point that I had it installed and had created users -
and that was all I could do.

Here is how I got around the problems:

1. I downloaded the empty template file from it for local usage.
2. I upgraded it to the latest version.
3. I imported my content from the older source TW into new TW - which was
challenging because I got strange errors depending upon how & where the
file was used - it is a very fickle function from what I can tell.

Ultimately I got my stuff imported and the file re-uploaded - but I cannot
remember which thing came first !!!?

As you suggested, I did totally avoid importing tiddlers which are
system-specific and used great care in configuring file & folder locations
for saving, backup, etc.

Now it is in place at the new hosting and working normally.
T'was not a'tall easy - was VERY time consuming and required loads of trial
& error to get it done.

Of all the options for using/saving a TW online, the only one that comes
close to being whole is the TWHome system, and it is neither easy enough to
be straighforward, nor well enough documented as to be comprehensible in
it's required entries.

Given that there are exactly ZERO other options for online note-keeping on
one's own hosting, TW is still my preference.

If/when this type of situation happens again I shall have in my notes to
allow a full day for moving it and repeating the steps.

Thanks.

mark