Since the alert is only showing up with ImageFormatter hijacking, I decided
to look at PrettyLink hijacking (which never throws an error) and see what
the differences were.

The function associated with PrettyLink hijacking allows for null/undefined
values:

includeURL = w.tiddler ? w.tiddler.getIncludeURL() : null,

... but the ImageFormatter hijacking function only allows for empty sets:

includeURL = w.tiddler ? w.tiddler.getIncludeURL() : "",

I'm updating that line in the ImageFormatter hijack function to match the
one in the PrettyLink hijacking function to see if that does away with the
mysterious alert.  :)