If it helps the exact steps I did where:

->Went to the TiddlyFox Github page in Firefox
->Requested the desktop version of the site (Because I hate the mobile
version no other special reason ^^;)
->Downloaded the .xpi
->Closed Firefox
->Used ES File Explore to open the .xpi with Firefox
->Clicked okay to Install
->Rebooted Firefox
->Started using TiddlyWiki

FYI:
I just did these steps with a brand new copy of Firefox Beta from the
Google app store and it worked as expected.

Things you may try is clearing your Firefox cache's and starting over with
a clean slate.