I could care less about their "invasive data collection" my issues with
them is the way the are bullying and blackmailing other companies and even
developers. The ridiculous ways they are taking control of open source
code, and their sickening fetish with forcing G+ accounts on everyone.

I'm not a big fan of MS either but you know MS is a closed source vendors
who makes their intentions very clear.
Google acts like they are fighting for an open standard world and than they
wait 'til your backs turned and acts just like MS if not worse.

If I had to pick one I'd rather trust the company that's openly evil, and
that's saying a lot for me right now given that I'm a pretty hardcore
windows 8 hater... Using a "Windows" Phone to me is out and out dreadful
and yet I'm still thinking... if another OS doesn't hit the market it's the
lesser of the 3 evils.