If you look at your shadow tiddlers you'll notice you have:

StyleSheet
StyleSheetColors
StyleSheetLayout

By default

StyleSheet is where you as a user would put your styles.

StyleSheetColors contains all the built in core Color CSS
StyleSheetLayout contains all the built in core layout CSS

You shouldn't touch these as they will be overwritten when you upgrade the
core, and are loaded first.

StyleSheet shadows made by plugins are than loaded they will often be named:
StyleSheet"PluginName" eg: StyleSheetTiddlersBars.

These are automatically made by the plugins and once more should not be
edited.

Finally the StyleSheet tiddler is loaded which is the user CSS and should
be used to override everything else.

In this tiddler not only can you add CSS to it like a normal stylesheet but
you can than make links to other stylesheets tiddlers to load in it.

Example:

[[StyleSheetTables]]
[[StyleSheetMyMenus]]

/*{{{*/
.MyClass {MyStyls;}
/*}}}*/

Will load my the stylesheet tiddlers StyleSheetTables, & StyleSheetMyMenus
before loading the rest of the styles in the StyleSheet tiddler.