The tiddlerfields that are defined in the core are not full modules because
they are needed before the tiddler loading mechanism is fully installed.
That call to $tw.modules.define() directly defines the module exports.

For a normal module, you should use something like this:

/*\
title: $:/plugins/arkadygrudzinsky/startfield.js
type: application/javascript
module-type: tiddlerfield

Implements the start field as a date

\*/
(function(){

/*jslint node: true, browser: true */
/*global $tw: false */
"use strict";

exports.name = "start";
exports.parse = $tw.utils.parseDate;
exports.stringify = $tw.utils.stringifyDate;

})();

Let me know how you get on,

Best wishes

Jeremy