Hi Dave,

Did you manage to automatically widen your story-river?
For me it was to difficult: it means a new theme (based on your own theme).
So I left it for the moment.
I made a "non-programmers workaround".

If you can live with:

1) ticking a checkbox to switch widths.
2) only one - configurable -  wide tiddler width

there is an easy solution.

If you are interested, just let me know.

Cheers,

Ton