Hi Ton

http://tiddlywiki.com/ [1] shows since 5.0.4-beta a favicon (blue cat).
> But an empty [2] or full [3] TW5 downloaded from http://tiddlywiki.com/do not
> show that favicon.
> I tested this with Windows 7 64-bit, FF v26 and Chrome v31.

The favicon support in 5.0.4 is static; I added the <link> element to point
to the favicon.ico stored on the server. That means that the favicon will
only show if the favicon.ico file is setup on the server.

I've just pushed an update for 5.0.5 that adds the full dynamic favicon
handling that I think you were expecting:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/eef32e70e347bc2a91284f1876adb705bc11f331

Now, in addition to the above static support, when TW5 starts up in the
browser it binds the $:/favicon.ico tiddler to the browsers favicon. It
means that the favicon will show even for standalone TW5 files, and (much
more fun) it means that you can edit the favicon with the image editor and
watch the browser update as soon as you click the tick.

I hope that makes sense - I plan to release 5.0.5-beta later on today,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

> Searching in the source of [1], [2] and [3] I find in all cases:
>
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
>
> and

> <pre>
> base64 image
> </pre>
>
> The base 64 image code copied in a tiddler and with type 'image/gif',
> 'image/jpeg' or 'image/png' shows the "blue cat" favicon (there is no
> 'image/ico' type in the list!).
>
> [1] and [3] contain a system tiddler $:/favicon.ico (with type
> 'image/x-icon') but [2] doest not.
> N.B. $:/favicon.ico (with type 'image/x-icon') shows as text, not as the
> "blue cat".
>
> This brings me to the following questions:
>
> 1) Why does [2] not contain $:/favicon.ico?
> 2) Does this favicon show up with other browsers/OSes and [2] and [3]?
> 3) Why does that favicon not show up with Win7/FF/Chrome?
>
> Assuming something is not correct and the favicon ought to show up: Is it
> possible to use your own icon just by overwriting the $:/favicon.ico
> tiddler?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ton
>
> [1] http://tiddlywiki.com/