The post at
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/-Wk9ePtsll4/nAvmr8esCS4J was not
posted in the right place.
Therefore I started this new post.

Hi Paul,

If I am right your bug report is about my toolbar guide at
http://tw5toolbar.tiddlyspot.com/

So first of all thanks for checking my site and posting the bug report.
The site/my guide is meant as a showcase of possibilities, especially
adding/adapting toolbars.
Since ALL described buttons are implemented there is some overlap between
buttons. That's why I encourage to pick just the ones you want.

> I'm enjoying your example file and wanted to give some feedback. Not sure
where to do that, so will do so here.

> Firstly, a bug with the sidebar on Windows 7 (OK with Chrome)

> * IE11: #ribbon can overlay the sidebar buttons making the right-most
ones unusable (depending on width of window); this doesn't happen with
tiddlywiki.com, though probably because the layout makes it impossible. I
was able to temporarily fix it by changing z-index, though that messes up
other layout aspects.

The ribbon was added since I liked the one at http://tiddlywiki.com/. I
just added it for showing the version number of my guide.
But my ribbon is not an image, but made in pure CSS (see $:/Ribbon-styles).
In principle it is a rectangle that can (partly) overlay the Page control
buttons in case the ribbon is too close to the buttons. I warned for it,
click 'Overlapping buttons' in 'Introduction'.
That holds for all browsers, not IE alone.

> * Firefox: all the topbar/sidebar icons work (probably, didn't check them
all) and those that show tooltips do so, but only a few change colour on
hover, and none do on the tiddlers..
This is a Firefox issue, see
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/o0V2Xh4ga7I/8cDktsjvgQUJ
Jeremy came with a solution in 5.0.4-beta. I had to adjust styles in my
guide as well and now (TW5 toolbars v3.11) all buttons change color when
hovering over them.

> Secondly, a usability issue: I find it disconcerting that the tooltips
aren't present for the built-in icons. I wonder how hard it would be to fix
that? (The help makes it a non-issue to some extent -- perhaps better for
no tooltips at all to be showing than some?)

The buttons at http://tiddlywiki.com/ do not have tooltips; my newly added
buttons do have tooltips (see my guide, tab Buttons).
Bob Robison added tooltips for all buttons, see
http://tw5gray.tiddlyspot.com/
I think it was not that easy (sorry, I am not a programmer, just a user who
likes to adapt things).

> Lastly, it would be nice if when the sidebar was disabled, the page would
expand to full width. (While I was playing with changing the fluid width,
sidebar on/off, etc., and changing the width of the window, I was
occasionally getting multiple "unspecified" Javascript errors, but I
couldn't trigger them when the console was open, making me think it might
be a timing issue ... I realize this is not a useful bug report -- sorry!)

Expanding to full width is in principle possible, but not implemented.

At the moment there are already 3 - overlapping possibilities/buttons:

1) Hiding the Sidebar while increasing the tiddler width (you can adjust
the width if you want)
2) Just changing the tiddler width (you can adjust the width if you want)
3) Fluid width (you can adjust the width of the sidebar)

If you want, you can combine 1) and 3). My guide gives enough information
how to do that I think.

There was a bug in my button definitions for 'tiddler width' and 'fluid
width' in TW5 toolbars v3.1. I hope the Javascript errors do not show up
anymore in v3.11.

> Anyway, I've just been dropping in now and again, trying to get an idea
of where TW5 is at, how it works, whether I'll be able to adopt and hack
it, so this is not intended in any way as criticism. Really like what
you've done with this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Ton