I may have something that could help.

It appears it may be a timing issue with the automatic draft saving. If I
click save on a tiddler _before_ the automatic draft gets saved it goes
into an unexpected state. Drafts are no longer automatically saved and
clicking the save button does nothing. If you refresh your connection any
drafts that did get saved will be there in the "draft" form but only from
the last successful save. You can then edit those drafts, wait for the
automatic draft to be created, then save just fine.