HI Steve

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM, cangaroo joe <cangaroo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will TW5 have the ability to act as the includeplugin in future?

Probably not, because browser limitations make it hard to offer much useful
functionality. The node.js edition of TW5 is designed to give us a way
around browser limitations, because they are not going away.

> I dont really want to use node.js. Should I return to TWC for that
> feature? And if yes,

You're welcome to use TWC if you think it meets your needs better. I'd be
surprised whether the includeplugin works well with modern browsers in any
case.

> will future releases of TW5 be able to import the content of TWC files
> perfectly?

There will be an upgrade path for content, but there is always going to be
some manual work if you're using TWC plugins that don't have an equivalent
in TW5. It would be impossible for TW5 to be fully backwards compatible
with TWC without actually being TWC.

> What are the plans for the next beta release of TW5?

Have a look at the issues on github to get an idea of stuff being worked on:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues?state=open

There's also the RoadMap tiddler on tiddlywiki.com

Best wishes

Jeremy

> Thanks,
> Steve