Hi Ton

The current situation is that the stylesheet mechanism renders the tiddler
$:/core/ui/PageStylesheet into a special "fake" dom, and then extracts the
text and jams it into a <style> element in the DOM. The content of
$:/core/ui/PageStylesheet is:

<$list filter="[is[shadow]tag[$:/tags/stylesheet]]
[!is[shadow]tag[$:/tags/stylesheet]]">
<$transclude/>
</$list>

So, at the moment, you'll get all the shadow stylesheets first, and then
all the non-shadow stylesheets. That means that for the most part, if
you're overriding a style rule that is defined within a theme, then you'll
be able to rely on the stylesheet cascade, and won't need to worry about
devising more specific rules to force the override.

We may well still need to add a mechanism to give a finer degree of control
of the ordering of the stylesheets. At least that can be done by hacking
$:/core/ui/PageStylesheet, so anyone can experiment with alternative
arrangements.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Ton Gerner <ton.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Jeremy,
>
> After style sheet reordering [1] the style sheets used in TW5 could be
> simplified.
>
> In the process of "refactoring" the stylesheets of my guides, I found that
> many of the "pre elements" like "html", "html body" or "html body.tw-body"
> are not needed anymore.
>
> Styles that did not need them:
>
> .body
> .titlebar
> .title
> .tw-tiddler-frame
> .a.tw-tiddlylink
> .tw-page-controls svg
> .tw-page-controls a:hover svg
> .tw-page-controls button:hover svg
> .tw-tiddler-controls button:hover svg
> .btn-mini
> .btn-min:hover
>
> Note: Just styles used in my first guide.
>
> The only case I found needing html in front was for the color of the
> tiddler buttons:
>
> html .tw-tiddler-controls svg {
>      fill                : #99CCFF;
> }
>
> But it was not needed while hovering:
>
> .tw-tiddler-controls button:hover svg {
>      fill                : #04B;
> }
>
> Just curious why only the tiddler button style needed html in front.
>
> Can you give rules when nowadays "html", "html body" and/or "html
> body.tw-body" are still needed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ton
>

> [1] https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/284