On Monday, February 3, 2014 9:43:22 AM UTC-8, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

> El domingo, 2 de febrero de 2014 18:50:01 UTC+1, cangaroo joe escribió:
>>
>> [[text|file://localhost\c:\Users\User_name\Downloads\text.pdf]]
>>
> That is not very portable. What if I want to have it on a usb drive? or
> what if I want to use it over multiple OS?

The TW5 Roadmap (see http://tiddlywiki.com/static/RoadMap.html) includes
the following item:
   * [img[url]] for remote image embedding, and [ext[url]] for explicit
external links

While it's not clear exactly what kinds of 'explicit external link' URLs
will be allowed, it's possible that some special handling for relative path
references can be implemented

Until "[ext[...]]" is implmented in TW5, you can use HTML syntax to create
links:

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

EVERY DONATION IS IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact