On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:40:32 PM UTC-8, Stephan Hradek wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014 04:48:47 UTC+1 schrieb Mal:
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing the point, but why should we insert the date in the
>> title field of journal tiddlers? Wouldn't it be better to just use the
>> existing "created" field and modify the view style to display the created
>> date along with the title?
>>
> That's what I was always wondering in TWc and I never used the "new
> journal" function. But as so many missed it…

TWC Journals
--------------------
Auto-generating a journal tiddler's title from the current date can help in
two ways:
1) it creates a quicker workflow, since there is no need to hand-enter a
title.  Simply press "new journal" and start typing your tiddler content.
2) it helps ensure that journal tiddler titles are unique (up to a point).
 The default is day-at-a-time journalling (i.e., using 0MM/0DD/YYYY as the
title format).  Invoking <<newJournal>> within the same day allows you to
append additional content to the same journal tiddler.  Much finer
down-to-the-minute (or even second) journalling is also possible, creating
separate journal tiddlers for each entry, by specifying a combined date
*and* time format in the macro.  For example:
   <<newJournal "0MM/0DD/YYYY 0hh:0mm:0ss">>
can be used to record a log of events over time, such as support calls,
where each journal tiddler contains the notes from a single event.

-e