150 pages of text is a piece of cake for TW5 file size to handle. I have
used it to hold 100+MB of large images and it starts to run slow after
about 50MB of large images, but that is because of loading the images, in
part, not necessarily the filesize. I have personal TW5s with thousands of
tiddlers and the only thing I see slowing down a bit is the tag editor,
since I have lots and lots of tags, and it has to render them as tag pills.
Even so it is not too slow.

Here are a couple of TW5s you could use as examples:

http://giffmex.org/TiddlyQuickly.html - I use TW5 as a presentation with
back and forward arrows.

http://giffmex.org/giffmexnotes.htm - where I am starting to organize some
of my notes. This one doesn't help you get back to home, though. I should
put some kind of home button there, I guess.

Dave