Hi Jeremy,

I use the Utilu Mozilla Firefox Collection v1.1.0.4.
That contains Firefox versions from v2.0 to v30 Nightly that can be
installed and used besides your standard Firefox.

Up till now I had only v3.6 and v16 installed.
Now I installed v20 and up.

I tested with v24, v25, v26, v27, v28beta1, v29 Aurora and v30 Nightly.

In ALL cases I could drag & drop favicon.ico from
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/editions/tw5.com/tiddlers/images/favicon.ico?raw=true

to Firefox and get a "normal" icon.

So it has to do with my standard Firefox browser.
Since I did start my standard browser with all add-ons disabled and could
not get a "normal" icon by drag & drop of favicon.ico, there must be
"Something rotten in the state of Denmark" so to speak.
Something wrong with the profile or so.

So you don't need to install a Windows 7 virtual machine; you can spend
your time better ;)

Cheers,

Ton

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:47:37 AM UTC+1, Ton Gerner wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Even with all add-ons disabled it does not work with FF v27.
> It does work with FF v16 (the latest version that worked with TiddlySnip).
>
> On Monday, February 10, 2014 11:18:11 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
>>
>> I can't duplicate the problem with Firefox 27 on Windows 8; dragging a
>> favicon.ico from Windows Explorer to tiddlywiki.com/empty.html works
>> fine. I don't have a Windows 7 virtual machine set up at the moment, which
>> might be the next step in duplicating it. If you're on the hangout tomorrow
>> perhaps you can demo the problem?
>>

> Sure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ton
>

>> Best wishes
>>
>> Jeremy.
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Ton Gerner <ton.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jeremy,
>>>
>>> I wasn't clear in my description: I meant drag/drop from Explorer to my
>>> TW5. That works as described in my first post:
>>> 1) Chrome OK