Hello again Ton.

At the end I got this working with this problems:

* Since the possition is fixed I can not scroll down when the list is too
long.
* Because the stylesheet modifies the left margin of the story river, it
goes out of the screen (I have to scrool) when the right sideBar is hidden.
* Significant slow down of my TW.

Are you going to integrate the leftMenu with your topbar with buttons ?
Anyway, I'll keep trying.